The Truth We May Never Know

A ponderous thought weighs down the moment
with a sense of foreboding,
and glancing back I see no past in pursuit,
yet what fear impedes my grip
on the ever-evolving now, interceding
with my sentient vows of impartiality.

This burden of dire consequence,
emanates like a beacon of distress,
a knowing lost in time and space
that niggles my inner places
to verbalise the intensifying doom
that pervades my every moment.

Tis not war or famine or political aspirations
that cause this fear so near to my thoughts,
it is truth itself, that will disarm the world,
the knowing of what actually ensues
that will rob us of our freedom, our dreams
and the delusions we have so far accepted as life.

To know that all we have understood as reality is a lie,
that we remain slaves to a secret world unknown,
our every move, thought and action
monitored, videoed and reported at the leisure
of our controllers, the manipulators,
who forge our lives for their benefit, is a shock.

Not conspiracy, reality,
we are all kept in the dark, entertained and placated,
to believe exactly what we are taught to believe,
to conform, to struggle, to dream
that which we are given to dream,
and we think in our ignorance, we are free.

If we decide to wake up,
what promise would the world have,
what within harsh reality will comfort us;
and so we choose the delusions of blissful compliance,
to live as best we can in an attempt to find an elusive happiness,
that awaits us on some esoteric level of existence.

What saves us is a possible spiritual harmony,
an acceptance of self and potential,
to aspire to that alone, for personal salvation,
the rest is an illusion, the truth of which could destroy us all,
if we are not prepared within,
at peace with who we are.

Tony DeLorger © 2016

Tony DeLorger

Latest posts by Tony DeLorger (see all)

Tony DeLorger

Full time author, freelance writer, poet and blogger since 1999. Twenty one published works, past winner of 'Poet of the Year' on HubPages, 'Poem of the Year' on The Creative Exiles, writer for Allpoetry.com, Google+, tonydwtf.blogspot.com.au videos on YouTube and book sales on website thoughtsforabeautifulmind.com, Amazon and digitalprintaustralia.com.au/bookstore

8 thoughts on “The Truth We May Never Know

• December 14, 2016 at 6:40 PM

Good thoughts to ponder on and work with, Tony. I believe spiritual harmony is our only hope for personal salvation.

• December 14, 2016 at 6:53 PM

You know, Tony – I would love to sit quietly in a room and listen to you and Ralph discuss life, harmony and balance, technology. That would be so interesting and thought-provoking. You both have such open minds and deep thoughts.

• December 14, 2016 at 7:03 PM

Glad you agree Phyllis, and appreciate you comments and support. Have a great day.

• December 14, 2016 at 7:04 PM

Yes I I’d love to do that too. Such a shame we are all so far apart. Cheers!

• December 15, 2016 at 3:36 PM

In our mythological texts, there is lot of reference to the concept of illusion…our ideals of success , happiness and even the purpose of existence are largely based on the beliefs we are fed from the very beginning..and sometimes I too wonder whether we are content in being just puppets in our choices and lives…I found your words so captivating Tony..thank you for sharing..

• December 15, 2016 at 3:43 PM

Glad it connected with you Anjana, we must be a part of society but must also be aware of the realities of it. Thanks you for your kind words my friend. Enjoy your day.

• December 16, 2016 at 12:20 PM

Many say the truth will set you free. But I also believe like you, that to know the underlying circumstances as to the why, we would unfold as a whole. Great piece Tony, profound thoughts to study and educate with. Nice work.~Paul

• December 16, 2016 at 3:54 PM

Much appreciated Paul, pleased you enjoyed my thoughts. Take care.