As they write

As they write

As they write

A lifetime they have pledged to the tightropes

attempting to view the world in a different light,

while loitering continually at that treacherously narrow line

demarking offsprings of fantasies from life’s facts,

as they bury themselves under the shroud of their talent

willingly getting soaked in the sweat of sacrifices.

Images that spill from the chalice of creativity,

and trickle down as mystic rivulets of thoughts,

keep cascading in their enlightened soul without a pause,

as coal black ink begin to inscribe ageless words,

igniting a spark of divinity in blank parchments,

while ideals of that seemingly never attained perfection,

taunts them by raising  the bar a bit higher.

In solitude, they do surrender their minds,

unconditionally to the imperious command of muses,

undertaking journeys into both the past and future

before returning to the inevitable present,

sharpened to pluck out the seeds of truth from lies’ fleshy layers

yet gentle enough to blossom at the slightest touch of beauty.

And on some neatly arranged rows in the bookshelves,

in the yellowed pages of a well worn book,

they watch with pride their infallible legacies,

of words set aglow with the flame of passion,

to be hungrily devoured by all kindred souls,

hoping that they would defy the parameters of change and time,

in their gradual ascension to eternity.

©2016 Anjana Vipin E

(A humble tribute to all my poetic friends)

Anjana

I am a postgraduate in the field of biotechnology. I always had a profound appreciation for all forms of creative writing and I have been writing poetry in writers network for two years. At present, I am residing in Rutherford, New Jersey. Thank you so much for visiting my page and I would be delighted to have your valuable feedback.

Latest posts by Anjana (see all)

Anjana

15 thoughts on “As they write

• December 9, 2016 at 4:16 PM

Wonderful tribute to all the poets and writers of the world who devote their lives to this solitary art, a loving embrace with words. Your phrasing is impeccable and your warmth and understanding heartfelt. A beautifully rendered work, a small part of your lasting legacy as a poet. Excellent work Anjana, you have much to be proud of in your own ascension as a writer of masterful talent and expression.

• December 9, 2016 at 6:25 PM

Thank you so much Tony..you have always showered such kind and generous words of support on me..I am always most grateful..

• December 9, 2016 at 5:45 PM

A lovely tribute to poets, Anjana. There is always a special place in my heart for beautiful poetry written by great poets of the past and present – and we have some great poets here who will leave lasting impressions and enduring legacies, you among them. Very well penned, great work.

• December 9, 2016 at 6:27 PM

Thank you so much Phyllis. it a great honour to share this creative writing space with such gifted writers..always delighted to have your support..

• December 9, 2016 at 7:11 PM

Awesome work Anjana

• December 10, 2016 at 5:33 AM

Thank you so much Kurt..I am delighted that you liked this..

• December 10, 2016 at 5:35 AM

Thank you so much for reading Nithya and so pleased that you liked it..

• December 10, 2016 at 4:33 AM

Dear Anjana, I do need Your words of inspiration and beauty, my creativity seems blocked of late, like You, I wish to write special words and leave my own impact over other’s hearts, You will never stop to amaze me with Your beautiful splendid touch, and I think You know You are my most favourite poetess and the most close to my heart with her words, Thank You my sweetest beautiful friend.

• December 10, 2016 at 5:40 AM

My dear friend Gh, I am truly delighted to see your words here..you know your friendship and support means a lot to me..you always leave for me such heartfelt lines and I am most gratefulfor it..and I am sure your creativity and magical words will find its way back to you ..definitely..

• December 10, 2016 at 10:53 AM

A most wonderful tribute to all poets and writes and to what they pen for their words truly live on forever.

• December 10, 2016 at 1:19 PM

Thank you so much Rasma for reading and leaving behind your encouraging words..I am very grateful..

• December 12, 2016 at 8:33 AM

Your impeccable illustrations grab the mind, and carry it off into the ethereal world in which all writers exist. I am surrounded by demons of gladness and a plethora of attitudes as they combine and separate themselves into the hidden, yet all too obvious, conclave called writing. Enjoyable is to say the very least; on the mark more the truth. Excellent tribute, my dear friend!

• December 12, 2016 at 3:08 PM

Thank you so much for your lovely poetic comment..I am delighted that you are pleased with this effort..I am always grateful for your kind words of encouragement and support..

• February 4, 2017 at 8:16 AM

A beautiful expression and tribute to the poets journey Anjana. I enjoyed it very much. Thank you

Best,