Tangled in memories

Tangled in memories

Tangled in memories

In the melancholy of the night,

under the taunting moonlight,

memories of you come gliding

effortlessly through my mind’s guarded doors,

shattering what little resistance i can offer.

Moments with you imprinted in my mind,

like fluffy clouds caressing the sky,

floating in a seemingly endless array,

as roughly patched up wounds deep inside

ooze blood tinged tears,

staining pillows that have never yet fully dried.

You vowed to be my shadow

and you left me alone in the dark,

when i could no longer reflect the light of your dreams,

while i woke up on countless new dawns

pondering over pieces of my broken heart,

attempting to assemble it whole.

And as this night wanes

at the behest of sun’s rays,

I too wish to greet the world with a smile

and look at the newly bloomed buds,

but the wily wind keeps on whispering

that i have not wept long enough

over the memories you have left behind.

© 2016 Anjana Vipin E

Anjana

I am a postgraduate in the field of biotechnology. I always had a profound appreciation for all forms of creative writing and I have been writing poetry in writers network for two years. At present, I am residing in Rutherford, New Jersey. Thank you so much for visiting my page and I would be delighted to have your valuable feedback.

Latest posts by Anjana (see all)

Anjana

12 thoughts on “Tangled in memories

• November 9, 2016 at 2:20 PM

Anjana, this is a truly beautiful poem describing heartbreak. Very well penned and dripping with emotion.

• November 9, 2016 at 6:54 PM

Thank you so much John for reading this. I am truly grateful for your support and encouragement. Have a lovely day!

• November 9, 2016 at 2:42 PM

Such a lovely and emotive poem, Anjana. Your phrasing is great and the poem flows smoothly. Well done.

• November 9, 2016 at 6:56 PM

Thank you so much for your kind words Phyllis. I am so grateful for your support and encouragement. Have a lovely day!

• November 9, 2016 at 7:04 PM

And thank you so much dear Phyllis for your help with SEO. I tried hard to get green, but only got amber. You are very kind.

• November 9, 2016 at 9:10 PM

You are most welcome,Anjana. It takes some time to learn and remember it all – but, I am here to help so you can relax and focus on your beautiful writing. You are doing quite well though with SEO. Take care.

• November 9, 2016 at 3:21 PM

Beautifully rendered and appreciated Anjana, so heart-felt and emotive in its outpouring. You words glide across the page effortlessly and speak directly to the heart. Great phrasing and vivid imagery give rise to a great nostalgic poem attesting your many skills. Wonderful my friend.

• November 9, 2016 at 7:00 PM

How kind of you to give me such encouragement Tony..thank you so much for reading and as always i am very grateful for your support. Have a lovely, creative day!

• November 11, 2016 at 3:40 PM

Thank you so much Kurt for reading and your kind words. I really appreciate it.

• December 16, 2016 at 1:19 AM

My dear friend, your words fly off the page, dripping with emotion . Just to read what you have so skillfully written is not enough. My heart ventured deeply inside, feeling the combination of a beautiful outpouring entwined with the stark reality of passionate love. One of your best, Anjana!

• December 16, 2016 at 8:08 AM

My dear friend Donald, I am so pleased to know that you liked this..thank you so much for once again gracing my page with your presence and kind words..I am very grateful..