Nostalgia

Raindrops

The last beam of twilight dwindles

darkening the long corridors,

as rain clouds lay siege on the glories of an evening sky,

sucking the remaining length of day

into the void of oncoming night.

The parched earth begins to breathe again

and dried, withered lives awaken,

to be moistened by new dreams,

while trees and plants sway with bowed heads

vying with each other for these nectar drops from heaven,

and the warmth of homes beckon invitingly

to be cradled in the rain’s soliloquy.

A distinct earthly scent lingers,

and a cool breeze of solace slowly spreads,

over the agonies of a summer scorch,

while nature adorns a new splendor,

clothed in robes a shade brighter,

as a treat to famished eyes and minds.

I often hear those raindrops

pattering on the roof of my memories,

echoing the melodious notes i have heard

somewhere along paths of my past,

silently taking me back with them

to the life i once lived.

© 2016 Anjana Vipin E

Latest posts by Anjana (see all)
Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedintumblrmail

Anjana

I am a postgraduate in the field of biotechnology. I always had a profound appreciation for all forms of creative writing and I have been writing poetry in writers network for two years. At present, I am residing in Rutherford, New Jersey. Thank you so much for visiting my page and I would be delighted to have your valuable feedback.

12 thoughts on “Nostalgia

• November 6, 2016 at 2:29 PM

Anjana, this is a lovely poem I so enjoyed reading. Well done. Welcome to TCE, it is a joy to have you here.

• November 6, 2016 at 3:18 PM

Thank you so much Phyllis. I am delighted to hear that you liked my poem. Do let me know if there is any error in the method I am posting. I am most grateful for your encouraging words.

• November 6, 2016 at 7:44 PM

I forgot to tell you, Anjana, that if a post needs some SEO corrections I edit and add the requirements needed to help posts achieve the best SEO ranking possible. Keywords, Meta descriptions, Alt Texts, categories and tags are the things I work on. I do not change anything in the author’s text. I will leave notes (on the far right side of the edit box) as to what I did. You have a great start here and began with a lovely poem.

• November 7, 2016 at 3:27 AM

Thank you so much dear Phyllis for helping me out.

• November 6, 2016 at 5:21 PM

A wonderful first poem on the site Anjana and so good to have you here. Your work is both beautifully penned and phrased with unique expression and colorful imagery. A joy in reading. Wecome, welcome, welcome. X

• November 6, 2016 at 7:24 PM

Thank you so much Tony..your words have always meant a lot to me and I am most grateful for your kind words of encouragement..

• November 6, 2016 at 11:02 PM

This is beautiful poetry, Anjana. Here in Australia we have years of drought followed by most welcome flooding rains. I can relate to your descriptive words. A warm welcome to The Creative Exiles. It is good to have you here.

• November 7, 2016 at 3:30 AM

Thank you so much John. I am delighted to know that you liked my poem and I am most grateful for your kind words of welcome.

• November 7, 2016 at 2:22 PM

Beautiful writing and welcome to The Creative Exiles ! Is there anything as life giving as the rain in a summer day ? Thank you for sharing with us !

• November 7, 2016 at 4:39 PM

Thank you so much Ed. I am most grateful for your kind words of encouragement..

• December 25, 2016 at 11:22 AM

Again, dear Anjana, I find myself searching for wonderful writing. And, once again, I find myself drawn to you and your beautiful words. The pictures you paint here with your magical brush placate my mind, for in them I find truly great writing with a soul. Thank you very much, young lady, for your contribution this day to my Christmas revelry. Donald!

• December 26, 2016 at 6:52 AM

Thank you so much dearest Donald..So glad you are pleased with this effort…Your kind words are always most gratefully appreciated..Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!!!!