Negativity Sells

Negativity Sells
news-1172463_1920

In the newspapers there is
rarely any good news,
articles and pages filled
with demented views.

Some news is paid
so that the message spreads
while the rest is just put
together to fill in the blanks.

Television or the internet is no different,
forcing people to lose their sanity
and finding no peace in this insanity.
Will humanity ever be truly free?

Maybe we are to be blamed because
you can’t sell when no one is buying.
Capitalists know that there is
no point in even trying.

At the end of the day we
must accept the ugly truth
to find a ray of
hope for the youth.

The youth that is often misguided,
misjudged and misinterpreted,
while they are fed more
lies by the sources that are reputed.

Maybe we already
have the solution
and all we need is
some introspection.

All I can do is hope
because one man is not enough,
but if enough people stand together
we will win even if gets rough.

© 2016 Abhimanyu Gaur

Abhimanyu Gaur

I always had a love for writing even when I was still in school. I used to collect good quotes and admire them. I enjoyed the beautiful play of words so I started writing poetry. Life is too short to understand, but it is long enough to stand with your fellow man.

Latest posts by Abhimanyu Gaur (see all)

Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedintumblrmail

Abhimanyu Gaur

10 thoughts on “Negativity Sells

• October 25, 2016 at 12:17 AM

Yes, its hard to trust anything we read or we are told. We’ve been so lied to is it any wonder. All we can do as individuals is be true to ourselves and hope that one day, the power of positivism will be victorious. Nice work Abhimanyu.

• October 25, 2016 at 1:04 AM

Very well-written Abhimanyu. So many lies thrown at us daily. Yes, we must hold to our own truths. It is our obligation, I believe, to teach our youth to recognize what is true and what is not.

• October 26, 2016 at 4:03 AM

This is a great piece of writing, Abhimanyu. It is so hard to believe anything we see and read in the media these days. It must be so hard for the younger generation to know what is what. My father always said, “I only believe 10% of what I hear, and only 50% of what I see.” I used to think that was funny, but now I think it was spot on.

• October 26, 2016 at 12:44 PM

It is a terribly, awful time in our history and turning on the internet you are instantly barraged with negative headlines and whether you read the articles or not the negative and even toxic headlines are enough to put you in a pessimistic, cynical mood. And you pretty much nailed it when you said “Maybe we are to be blamed because you can’t sell when no one is buying.”
    My feeling is we have a buffoon like Trump and a liar like Hillary as our only choices for president is because we’ve become insatiable Reality TV, Jerry Springer watchers. Good reality poem.

• October 29, 2016 at 10:09 PM

I have to agree with you Lori and not just America, but almost every country is suffering from bad politicians and dishonest media. It is true that we should also shoulder some of the blame, but there is still time to change. Thank you.

• October 26, 2016 at 2:50 PM

Excellent expression, you are certainly not alone in your wish for change. It’s all so disturbing and unhealthy, especially for our youth. What is real, and true anymore, without some angle for gain? I appreciated this piece, well done!

Best,
    Mel

• October 29, 2016 at 10:11 PM

I am glad to know that there are more people like me. Thank you, Melissa.