Facing a Permanent Ending

Facing a Permanent Ending
Facing a Permanent Ending….world in crisis

Life may get worse before its gets better, as
enlightenment often comes from crisis,
and that is what is on our horizon,
so many in the shadows living unscrupulous lives,
creating havoc from greed,
war from anger and contention from belief,
and we of more pure heart,
devastated as to the course of humanity,
seduced by evil intentions
and the will for ultimate power.

The greater the technology,
the greater the chance that we will destroy ourselves,
and the greater opportunity those who pursue control
can manipulate a blissfully ignorant world,
history like a Hollywood movie,
played out with all the goodies and baddies
scripted for slight of hand,
and no-one sees it coming,
no-one can do a thing,
as we watch the world in crisis,
move closer to annihilation.

Hope is all you and I can do,
to hold fast that glimmer of possibility,
that somehow a better solution is found
in a spiritual life of love and compassion,
for those lost to their greed and narcissism
cannot see as we,
the potential of selfless life,
only what they can glean
from a world of wealth and power,
of scenarios with permanent endings.

Tony DeLorger © 2016

Tony DeLorger

Latest posts by Tony DeLorger (see all)

Tony DeLorger

Full time author, freelance writer, poet and blogger since 1999. Twenty one published works, past winner of 'Poet of the Year' on HubPages, 'Poem of the Year' on The Creative Exiles, writer for Allpoetry.com, Google+, tonydwtf.blogspot.com.au videos on YouTube and book sales on website thoughtsforabeautifulmind.com, Amazon and digitalprintaustralia.com.au/bookstore

8 thoughts on “Facing a Permanent Ending

• October 15, 2016 at 12:49 AM

Very well written and great insight on the way it is in this world. In the early 1970s I read ‘Captains And The Kings’ by Taylor Caldwell. At the time I was still young enough to be naive of world affairs. My opinion of the book was “It would be scary if this was real.” Well, over the years I became more enlightened and knew the story was spot on to the way it really is in world affairs. And your piece here is also spot on. Great work, Tony.

• October 15, 2016 at 12:59 AM

Thanks Phyllis, yes the more you know the worse it gets…and I know too much. But I cannot live in blissful ignorance, its just not my way of dealing with life. So I delve and occasionally share information, that for the most part is ignored. The fact is most people don’t want to know the truth. This fact has led those who would control everything to get away with what they do: no-one believes it. I guess for many, ignorance IS bliss.

• October 15, 2016 at 1:07 AM

I know you are right, Tony, that for many people “ignorance IS bliss”. That has been the norm for so long. Yet, with what is going on now in the world, how can anyone remain ignorant, not want to know and stubbornly refuse to accept the facts? I do wholeheartedly believe in living in the moment, getting lost in nature and spirituality – but, good grief! I still stay in touch with what is going on and what is coming for us.

• October 15, 2016 at 1:13 AM

Although it looks bleak we must all hang on to hope, at least keep the light of truth and positivism alive. Who knows what will ensue, but we must hope for change. Cheers!

• October 15, 2016 at 7:29 PM

I wait for the return of my Lord, Tony and have hope what is coming will not involve me but that is something we just cannot know. How much will we have to be involved in it and like you, I cannot just sit back and keep my mouth shut about it. In America that could be the best thing to do and I cannot believe I would ever be saying that! I don’t recognize my own country.
    Great poem, God bless your sharing.

• October 15, 2016 at 7:39 PM

Thanks Jackie, Yes, the world has change considerably, particularly in America. The future is very uncertain, for sure. Take care.

• October 16, 2016 at 8:58 AM

Wow, so true Tony – The greater the technology,
    the greater the chance that we will destroy ourselves,
    I find my self torn with this statement even though I know it to be true. There is so much good that comes with the new technology and just to name a few, medicine, energy, conservation and of course being able to comment on a poem written by a great author half a world away. But then there come the bad and instant information is not helpful if it is just that – instant- people nowadays believe what the read in the headline and not the meat of the story on the internet, what I see that people also believe the instant info if it is true or not… In my country it is scary…..

• October 16, 2016 at 4:57 PM

I agree Kurt, its hard to know what to believe, because technology allows the presentation of both information and images than can be manipulated so easily. I guess there will always be those who seek to manipulate and control. It is a scary time in history. Cheers my friend.