I Am Just a Passer By

I am just a passer by

I sing, I dance, I make merry

I am just a passer by

I win, I lose, I triumph

I am just a passer by

I live, I die, I am reborn

Oh! I am just a passer by

Tarun Chhauda

Tarun is an observer of sorts. While the world is at play, he leisurely enjoys the role of a mere spectator. Gazing at the world from afar and blessed with an innate sense of observation has helped him to understand people and situations better and that reflects in the way he handles a written piece. He is a full time freelance writer dabbling in all kinds of writing projects that come his way. Though he always yearns for creative writing projects which help him channelize inwardly and also help gather momentum for the routine ones that come his way.

Latest posts by Tarun Chhauda (see all)

Tarun Chhauda

6 thoughts on “I Am Just a Passer By

• September 28, 2016 at 10:48 PM

And that we are Tarun, just passing by this journey of life, and all we can do is experience to the best of our ability what life offers. Nicely done my friend.

• September 28, 2016 at 11:12 PM

Hi Tony,

Truly so we are that trivial and transitory still we lead our lives thinking we own this life when we are a mere passer by.

Thanks for being around and commenting on my piece.

• September 28, 2016 at 11:35 PM

This simple poem says it all, Tarun. No matter how important we feel our lives are, we are simply passing by in our tiny speck within the universe.

• September 29, 2016 at 12:27 AM

Nice poem, Tarun. It reminds me of a song we sang when I was in a folk group. I think the title was “Passing Through”, by Leonard Cohen. I played the mandolin and did a solo half way through the song. I sang harmony on the verse. Those were the days! Nicely penned verse, Tarun.

“I saw Jesus on the cross on a hill called Calvary
    “Do you hate mankind for what they done to you?”
    He said, “Talk of love not hate, things to do – it’s getting late.
    I’ve so little time and I’m only passing through.”

Passing through, passing through.
    Sometimes happy, sometimes blue,
    Glad that I ran into you.
    Tell the people that you saw me passing through.”

• September 29, 2016 at 1:12 AM

Hi Phyllis,

What a beautiful song? Thanks for sharing this and making my poem sound more meaningful. Thanks for being around Phyllis.