Oh Motivation! Where do you flee?

Enliven me …

Oh Motivation! Where do you flee?

I am almost exasperated with my bucket full of thoughts
Feeling so shattered all alone
I long for you to get me going on a spree
But where you are
And where do you flee
You know you are precious as could be
To put life into my vigor
And energy into my retreat
I long for you to enliven me up
For without you
I am just a commoner you see
I can’t feel my breath without you
And hardly wake up enthusiastically

Oh Motivation! Where do you flee?

You turned my days into nights
And vice versa
And made me toil without a sleep
You kept me going with your magnanimous appeal

Oh Motivation! Where do you flee?

I long to be and long to spree

Oh Motivation! Where do you flee?

I pray to you
Come back to me

Oh Motivation! Where do you flee?

Tarun Chhauda

Tarun is an observer of sorts. While the world is at play, he leisurely enjoys the role of a mere spectator. Gazing at the world from afar and blessed with an innate sense of observation has helped him to understand people and situations better and that reflects in the way he handles a written piece. He is a full time freelance writer dabbling in all kinds of writing projects that come his way. Though he always yearns for creative writing projects which help him channelize inwardly and also help gather momentum for the routine ones that come his way.

Latest posts by Tarun Chhauda (see all)

Tarun Chhauda

10 thoughts on “Oh Motivation! Where do you flee?

• September 10, 2016 at 2:07 AM

Motivation is sometimes shy – that is when we seek inspiration. Lively and well penned verse, Tarun.

• September 10, 2016 at 2:13 AM

Thanks Phyllis,

The charge here is magnetic and one gets influenced so easily. The shore witnesses the tide only when the ocean surrounds it. Thanks for your insightful comment and keeping me going.

• September 10, 2016 at 3:16 AM

Great work Tarun, I have felt this way many times; procrastination my burden to bear. All except writing, which I learned to be so disciplined and motivated 24 hours a day. But often other duties get lost. Nicely penned my friend.

• September 10, 2016 at 3:24 AM

I enjoyed this poem, Tarun. I don’t often lack motivation, but sometimes I can’t come up with a suitable idea to write about. Well done.

• September 10, 2016 at 4:30 AM

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your words of appreciation. I am mostly confronted with this stark reality. With so much to do and relatively so less motivation to do it. I sometimes fathom that we creative souls have much to say but say only the least and that is when this reality dawns on me – Oh Motivation! Where do you flee?

Thanks for being around and supporting me in my little quest.

• September 10, 2016 at 4:37 AM

Hi John,

I was away from this abode for some time and upon return I am recharged again to see the literary prowess abound here. Thanks for your words and encouragement and igniting in me the confidence to keep rhyming.

• September 14, 2016 at 8:54 AM

Thanks Lori,

I guess motivation has been a challenge for most of the creative genre at some point or another. Sometimes the work we are doing is so engrossing that we forget our kith and kin. I guess a good life is a balance between our passion and responsibilities and motivation thus becomes an important ingredient.

• September 14, 2016 at 1:22 PM

Well written examination of motivation and what drives us. I think we all suffer from a lack of motivation at sometime and that is what makes your poem memorable. Jamie

• September 15, 2016 at 12:09 AM

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for your generous comment and you are right, motivation is a key ingredient that is required to keep us going.

Thanks.