Just Beyond the Unseen Veil

Just Beyond …

just beyond that unseen veil
unseen veil

So often when I feel its presence there
There’s nothing I can do but turn and stare
Trying to grasp but usually I fail
To reach out just beyond that unseen veil

I feel it, sense it, sometimes even breathe
In the unknown scents from unknown wreaths
If only I’d a ship to board and sail
To that strange place beyond the unseen veil

Why the longing, oh, my restless soul?
The thrill of possibilities unexplored?
Or some strange music from a parallel tale
The haunting call from beyond the unseen veil

The delicious thrill of being so close but not
Beyond the unseen veil with mystery is fraught

Shalini Kagal

I live in India. I'm a retired advertising professional. I've done content writing for clients around the world. I also edit and ghost write books. What I love doing most is to write - whenever, whatever.

Latest posts by Shalini Kagal (see all)

Shalini Kagal

15 thoughts on “Just Beyond the Unseen Veil

• September 4, 2016 at 7:39 AM

Shalini, I love well-written sonnets and this one was no exception. Great work.

• September 4, 2016 at 7:57 PM

Lovely work Shalini, and there are so many veils in life, beyond which is glimmered truth. Well constructed and evocative work. Nicely penned.

• September 4, 2016 at 11:11 PM

Shalini, please read the forum thread Book or eBook of The Creative Exiles at

We are in the gathering stage of collecting poems published on TCE for our book. This sonnet and your other poems would be a lovely addition. If you want to participate, please post a list of your poem titles (up to 10) in the thread and Jamie will pick it up to add to our growing list. Thank you.

• September 13, 2016 at 10:41 PM

I love sonnets and yours are very well written. Thank you for sharing this and your other sonnets. Jamie

• April 14, 2017 at 3:51 PM

Hello Shalini , This is a bit romantic too , I have always wondered about the burka in the middle eastern countries , and the magic behind them , Yet life itself is full of mysteries if only we don’t lose our passions for seeking them . Very nice writing and imaging !…………Ed