When Energy Explodes

When Energy Explodes

What happens when you’re tired of feeling sad?

What happens when you’re tired of feeling sad?

Do you eat chocolate and start to feel glad?

Then guilt sets in and you again feel bad

Then the sugar kicks in and energy explodes

Busy as a bee, folding clothes

Sweeping the patio

Still got ammo

Dancing the disco

Still going gung-ho

Picking up gusto

Cleaning the window

Geez, I feel like a yo-yo

My energy is beginning to drag

I’m kinda worn out like an old rag

Guess I’ll just go back to feeling sad

But look at my home, clean as a pin!

Now I’m back to feeling glad again.

energy explodes

Ruby Fuller

I am a retired R. N. who loves to write poetry and fiction. I have just found recently that I love to write flash fiction with a twist. I write on hub pages.com. under the name of always exploring- AKA Ruby Fuller.

Latest posts by Ruby Fuller (see all)

Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedintumblrmail

Ruby Fuller

14 thoughts on “When Energy Explodes

• August 13, 2016 at 2:18 AM

A cycle of madness, but at least the house is clean. lol Good one Ruby, so true, and who can resist chocolate? Most enjoyable.

• August 13, 2016 at 3:38 AM

Delightful poem, Ruby. I must confess that I will grab a few bites of chocolate when feeling down. Love this poem.

• August 13, 2016 at 5:07 AM

Good to see you here, Ruby. A clean house is a happy house, right? Chocolate always helps lift the spirits though.

• August 13, 2016 at 11:38 AM

Hello John. I must admit that if my house is not shinning, I’m not a happy camper, and yes, chocolate is delicious and a picker-upper. I like this site and happy to write here. Thank you..

• August 13, 2016 at 11:41 AM

Hello Eddy. It’s so good to see you here. I’ve missed your beautiful poetry on HP. So glad you enjoyed. Thank you…

• August 13, 2016 at 10:20 AM

Hello Tony. I’m so much like my mother. When she cleaned house it was like a tornado hit. I do love chocolate. I’m happy you enjoyed. Thank you.

• August 13, 2016 at 10:23 AM

Hello Kurt. I think my ammo is running low. lol..Thank you for reading and commenting.

• August 13, 2016 at 11:33 AM

Hi Phillis. Chocolate is one of God’s special delights. I do not know anyone who dislikes chocolate, and now it’s listed as a healthy food. ( In moderation of course. ) Hee. I looked everywhere for a larger picture for this piece but couldn’t find one. If you added the picture at the bottom, thank you. Where do you find your pictures? Thanks for reading…Happy you liked it.

• August 13, 2016 at 11:50 AM

Hi Ruby. We have a marvelous, very helpful tool for adding images to our posts – it is the Pixabay feature. You can find the Pixabay button when you are creating your post. It is above the edit box. You will find instructions on how to add Pixabay images in the Posting Help For New Members at this link: http://www.creativeexiles.com/help/help-new-members/ then scroll down to ‘Add image’ paragraph.

• August 13, 2016 at 2:47 PM

Thanks again Phillis. I will use the pixabay tool the next time. Cheers!

• August 13, 2016 at 10:49 PM

Haha! Super fun read Ruby. Having a clean house really picks me up when I’m down, less chaotic for the mind already burdened. And I do like chocolate-bittersweet. 🙂 Take care.

Best,
    Mel

• August 14, 2016 at 11:17 AM

Hello Mel. I wrote this after a day of cleaning and a bit of chocolate was the icing on the cake. I like the dark chocolate. Thank you
    Warm thoughts