Being Lazy

dragging their feet
to do what is best.

Confused about when to
work and when to relax,
struggling to
avoid the relapse.

But still they are blessed because
they have time to think,
to wonder, and to dream
while the rest run like crazy.

Worrying and anxiety
is non-existent in
the moments when we
are truly free.

Missing the starting gun
is a choice because
running and winning is
not the point of everyone’s life.

The obvious advantage
of being lazy is
that you avoid work
and act as you please.

Being lazy is not
without its flaws, but
no one is perfect in this world
where imperfection haunts all.

© 2016 Abhimanyu Gaur

Abhimanyu Gaur

I always had a love for writing even when I was still in school. I used to collect good quotes and admire them. I enjoyed the beautiful play of words so I started writing poetry. Life is too short to understand, but it is long enough to stand with your fellow man.

Latest posts by Abhimanyu Gaur (see all)

Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedintumblrmail

Abhimanyu Gaur

10 thoughts on “Being Lazy

• August 26, 2016 at 7:14 AM

I love this Abhimanyu, especially the stanza : “Missing the starting gun is a choice because running and winning is not the point of everyone’s life.” Good to see a new poem by you.

• August 26, 2016 at 12:26 PM

Hello Abhimanyu, I enjoyed the message here. Our often skewed perception of taking our time to appreciate life is not always the measure of laziness. And aren’t we all in need of it, at times, in this ever racing world. Nice to look at the down time from a different vantage point. 🙂

Best,
    Mel

• August 27, 2016 at 1:30 AM

Hi Melissa, I am glad you enjoyed the message. I think some of us are desperately in need of a break, but our fear and insecurities get in the way.

• August 26, 2016 at 6:06 PM

I really like this poem, Abhimanyu. The message is clear – we all need time to relax away from stress, so we can think, or just be. Well done. It is good to read your work again.

• August 27, 2016 at 1:52 AM

Very true Abhimanyu, these days most people live frantic lives and it is good to just be lazy and find serenity again. Nicely penned my friend.

• September 17, 2016 at 11:12 AM

Your poem brought a smile to my face. I find it hard to relax and this is more taxing then healthy. Thank you. Jamie