The Inequity of Opinion

The Inequity of Opinion …

Opinion

Opinions are simply ideas in response to questions,
they are never definitive,
as the answers are more proposals than truth,
offerings to be debated as to worth,
and their foundation of belief
as prone to bias as any experience delivered.

Our opinions are therefore suggestions with bias,
no more no less can be assumed,
and it is not the opinion that teaches us the most,
but from whom it is uttered,
showing balances, wisdom and eloquence in expression,
the more shown, the more credibility given to opinion.

Truths are much the same,
as they are prone to personal understanding,
and a sagacious mind remains open-minded,
for truth evolves through our changing perspective,
and often stated as definitive,
but sadly less in reality.

Wisdom preaches balance,
and both opinions and truths are so often spouted,
but rarely accepted due to the arrogance of those
who choose to rest their laurels on a moment,
a perspective that may change,
because stating limits runs against existence and its process.

Tony DeLorger © 2016

Tony DeLorger
Latest posts by Tony DeLorger (see all)
Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedintumblrmail

Tony DeLorger

Full time author, freelance writer, poet and blogger since 1999. Twenty one published works, past winner of 'Poet of the Year' on HubPages, 'Poem of the Year' on The Creative Exiles, writer for Allpoetry.com, Google+, tonydwtf.blogspot.com.au videos on YouTube and book sales on website thoughtsforabeautifulmind.com, Amazon and digitalprintaustralia.com.au/bookstore

8 thoughts on “The Inequity of Opinion

• July 25, 2016 at 7:11 AM

The poem was great, Tony, but I have to say I absolutely loved the picture. As always, nice job, my friend!

• July 25, 2016 at 10:07 AM

Good one, Tony , “opinions are therefore suggestions with bias” is so true..I hadn’t heard that description before.

• July 25, 2016 at 10:26 AM

Much food for thought Tony, we are all products of some bias, exposure to enviroments, or lack thereof, experiences, fears, interests, our opinions and answers influenced.

I really like the encouragent here, to be aware and strive to remain open and pliable in our minds, with the ability to accept change and growth from ideas instilled, not only in ourselves, but in that of others as well. Enjoyed thinking about this piece.

• July 25, 2016 at 8:35 PM

Thanks Mel, food for thought and pleased you related and enjoyed my thoughts. Take care.

• July 25, 2016 at 1:25 PM

Well said. In our culture today people, myself included, can be so closed minded and deceived into thinking our opinion is gospel truth and the opposing side are lame, duped, or evil.

Sometimes our opinions are spot on but we use it to beat down or back those who believe the opposite.

I, too, love the photo. Reminds me of our current political characters. Lol.

Nice job.

• July 25, 2016 at 8:36 PM

Thanks Lori, yes I couldn’t pass this pic. I love it too. Glad you related. Much appreciated.