Crystal Brook

Crystal Brook
Crystal Brook…the flow of life

The crystal brook emotes,
in sibilant whispers,
and the flow so clear its movement
but an illusion of the sound.

And I watch its bubbling purity,
in rippled twists and knots,
like diamonds glistening under sky,
carving pathways through the moss.

And beneath,
stones so smoothed from weathering,
attest the movement within,
the current unseen from above the flow,
does vanquish all the sin.

As the sounds of forest and water collide,
in wistful sighs, of time in passage,
I ponder all the beauty of
this brook so wise yet passive.

For it sees and knows of its eternal flow,
the movement of time and life imposed,
and it surely sees its clarity as
the written words of life exposed,
within its glistening movement.

Beauty is so beguiling.

Tony DeLorger © 2016

Tony DeLorger

Latest posts by Tony DeLorger (see all)

Tony DeLorger

Full time author, freelance writer, poet and blogger since 1999. Twenty one published works, past winner of 'Poet of the Year' on HubPages, 'Poem of the Year' on The Creative Exiles, writer for Allpoetry.com, Google+, tonydwtf.blogspot.com.au videos on YouTube and book sales on website thoughtsforabeautifulmind.com, Amazon and digitalprintaustralia.com.au/bookstore

8 thoughts on “Crystal Brook

• July 21, 2016 at 8:53 AM

Tony, this was lovely to read with my morning coffee…I could hear the sounds, the peacefulness, the beauty of stillness pulsing with life. Enjoyed it, very much.

Best,
    Mel

• July 21, 2016 at 6:23 PM

I’m glad Mel, a nice peaceful waking, and of course the coffee, without which we would all be caught between slumber and dreams. Have a great day.

• July 21, 2016 at 6:24 PM

Thanks Rasma, pleased you enjoyed it. Take care.

• July 24, 2016 at 2:20 PM

Beautiful, Tony. I felt like I was sitting by the brook, hearing the sounds, feeling the peace of nature surrounding me. Well done, beloved poet.

• July 24, 2016 at 8:24 PM

I do love writing about the natural world, there is so much beauty and it always flows from my pen. Pleased you enjoyed it Phyllis

• July 24, 2016 at 7:53 PM

Such a beautiful scene and I have always wanted this in my back yard but never been so lucky! A piece of magic…just like your writing!

• July 24, 2016 at 8:25 PM

Too kind Jackie, and wouldn’t it be nice just outside your back door. We can only dream. Much appreciated.