Appreciation – The Joy Of Expressing Love And Gratitude

Love and Gratitude …

Appreciation
Yellow Roses Express Friendship

When we express appreciation,
It lifts the spirits of intended,
Within a group and all creation,
To all we have warmly befriended.

Members of The Creative Exiles
You are deeply appreciated,
For all the ways you give us smiles
And keep us happy and elated.

Your poetry exceeds all we wished for.
It warms us, lights our fires and teaches
About the beauty of nature and more.
Deep Into our hearts and souls it reaches.

Words of love, enlightenment or sorrow
Inspires others, encourages. too,
To be all we can be now, tomorrow.
Is it any wonder we so love you?

Creators of great fiction stories,
You so stir us to laugh, cry or cheer.
You keep us on the edge of quarries,
Or give us good tales that endear

So, to each of you beloved authors,
You have our thanks, our appreciation.
You give so much, and we greatly honor
Your skills, your time, your wit and creation.
~

This poem was inspired by the love and gratitude we have for our authors at The Creative Exiles.

© Copyright 2016 All Rights Reserved Phyllis Doyle Burns
~ ~ ~ ~

In appreciation of friendship:

Friendship ~

When we think of friends, and call their faces out of the shadows, and their voices out of the echoes that faint along the corridors of memory, and do it without knowing why save that we love to do it, we content ourselves that that friendship is a Reality, and not a Fancy–that it is built upon a rock, and not upon the sands that dissolve away with the ebbing tides and carry their monuments with them.
– Written by Mark Twain in a Letter to Mary Mason Fairbanks

The holy passion of Friendship is of so sweet and steady and loyal and enduring a nature that it will last through a whole lifetime, …
– Mark Twain in Pudd’nhead Wilson’s Calendar

Phyllis Doyle Burns

Chief Editor at The Creative Exiles
I have always liked to write.It is important to me that writing comes from my heart and soul. When writing poetry, if I do not feel a spiritual connection to what I am writing on, I will discard it and go on to something I can connect with on a spiritual level. I live in the moment, I write from the past or beyond the veil. When writing fiction I go with whatever inspires me at the moment - it could be funny, sorrowful, romantic or sometimes done with the use of colloquial language from mountain folk or other cultural regions. Thank you for visiting.
Phyllis Doyle Burns

Latest posts by Phyllis Doyle Burns (see all)

Phyllis Doyle Burns

I have always liked to write. It is important to me that writing comes from my heart and soul. When writing poetry, if I do not feel a spiritual connection to what I am writing on, I will discard it and go on to something I can connect with on a spiritual level. I live in the moment, I write from the past or beyond the veil. When writing fiction I go with whatever inspires me at the moment - it could be funny, sorrowful, romantic or sometimes done with the use of colloquial language from mountain folk or other cultural regions. Thank you for visiting.

10 thoughts on “Appreciation – The Joy Of Expressing Love And Gratitude

• July 29, 2016 at 3:12 PM

How very thoughtful you are, to send such a poetic and kind natured message, ’tis what makes all the difference in a community, to express care and lift spirits with gratitude. So nice to see this, after some days away. ūüôā Thank you.

Best,
    Mel

• July 29, 2016 at 3:59 PM

Awww! You are so very welcome, Mel. The poem just instantly tapped my mind and it wrote up very quickly – inspired by TCE authors. Thank you so much for reading and commenting. Take care.

• July 29, 2016 at 4:20 PM

“The holy passion of friendship “, Now listen everyone ,—- THAT is my wonderful friend Phyllis ! Great writing my dear , you are the very definition of compassion .!

• July 29, 2016 at 10:03 PM

Thank you, Ed, for those kind words. I love Twain’s phrase “The holy passion of friendship” – it is priceless. Thanks for reading and commenting, my friend.

• July 29, 2016 at 4:28 PM

“Humanity is a dance, we must be performers in order to keep our minds and stretch our art so people understand our meanings behind our art.
    We are criers in the night showing love, sadness with our eyes tired and transformations working within our souls, late into the night.”
    Vincent Moore

Your inspiring words to your fellow TCE authors is as aromatic as the bouquet of roses you present here. Authors will always accept support and kindness expressed here by you dear poet. Keep up the good work everyone.

• July 29, 2016 at 10:06 PM

Such very good thoughts you add, Vincent. Thank you so much for reading and commenting. Much appreciated.

• July 30, 2016 at 1:18 AM

A lovely heartfelt appreciation that all of us feel here at TCE, and sharing is our greatest reward in connecting with one another and enjoying our art and expression. Well done Phyllis.

• July 30, 2016 at 3:56 PM

That was really nice, Phyllis – and well written, too. That’s the kind of stuff you don’t find on other sites.

• January 22, 2017 at 12:37 AM

Just to run this out again so as to let members who have joined since I wrote this poem that you, each and everyone of you, are greatly appreciated. Thank you for joining TCE and for making TCE great.