Absolution

Absolution…letting go of hurt

Eventually, when hurt has run its all-consuming course,
and love has stretched itself beyond recognition,
the silence resounds in whispered echoes,
of what now must find a broken heart,
and revive it, to remember its vibrant will.

Cycles test a soul, from deep abyss to angel posts,
and souls imbibe all that life exacts,
to know resilience and the purpose of balance,
and when a heart returns, its love in capacity is twofold,
for extremes teach us scope and possibility, to inspire.

Broken hearts do not decimate a soul, rather,
teach it about its own innate strength,
and when the pain subsides a more proficient view of life
underpins the actions and knowledge of what love is,
in a far broader sense.

In life both pain and ecstasy are a hair’s breath apart,
and our capacity to experience both is blissful
when met without judgement,
for life is not built on good and bad at all,
rather the discernment of learning beyond experience.

Time heals, wounds and hearts forlorn,
tis our stubborn and vengeful ways that attach us to past,
leave us to suffer more, rather than learn and move on,
and if we allow each experience to teach us,
they evaporate as experiences unbound by intention.

Then we are free of past, free of hurt, free of pain,
for they are just notches in our learning,
and when we are free of them, each moment is new, exciting,
and greeted without the prejudices of holding onto past
and reliving that which we do not need.

Tony DeLorger © 2016

Tony De Lorger

Full time author, freelance writer, poet and blogger since 1999. Twenty one published works, past winner of 'Poet of the Year' on HubPages, 'Poem of the Year' on The Creative Exiles, writer for Allpoetry.com, Google+, tonydwtf.blogspot.com.au and book sales on website thoughtsforabeautifulmind.com, Amazon and digitalprintaustralia.com.au/bookstore

Latest posts by Tony De Lorger (see all)

Tony De Lorger

8 thoughts on “Absolution

• June 20, 2016 at 9:40 AM

“tis our stubborn and vengeful ways that attach us to past, leave us to suffer more, rather than learn and move on,” that’s a powerful statement, Tony. So often we are our own worst enemy, but I also like what you said, “and if we allow each experience to teach us, they evaporate as experiences unbound by intention. Then we are free of past, free of hurt, free of pain, for they are just notches in our learning,”

Another nice job!

• June 20, 2016 at 7:50 PM

Thanks Bill, glad you related and enjoyed the words. Take care.

• June 20, 2016 at 10:46 AM

Tony, you just have a remarkable way of tapping into the truths that can hold us back. You have expressed this profound advice in many beautiful ways, but this one really resonates for me. Thank you.

Best,
    Mel

• June 20, 2016 at 7:52 PM

I’m glad Mel, its so easy to forget how life affects us and how we respond to it. The thing about truth is it never gets old. Take care

• June 20, 2016 at 10:55 AM

I had just copied and about to paste, when I saw that William had beat me to it. Indeed Tony, stubborn and vengeful ways!! I had much difficulty with that when I left my marriage back in 1998. It took me till around 2009 to finally let go, not only did I lose my wife, I lost the love of 3 of my 4 children, due to a brainwashing from my ex. I am thankful to have the love of my youngest son 23 yr old in my life. Yet tis some reasons my Muse plays with my soul, he allows me to mix words of sorrow, anger, confusion, lost self and anxiety into my work, all of life happens for a reason, that I truly believe. You have touched on the very essence of LIFE itself so eloquently, some of this was raw upon my soul, I felt your words, my eyes even glassed over, that’s how much pain my past has inflicted upon me. I am doing my best still to get through it all, I take one day at a time, putting one foot in front of the other and giving praise to the Universe for allowing it. Thank you for this poem, much appreciated.

• June 20, 2016 at 7:56 PM

I’m glad it resonated Vincent. It always angers me when I hear of using children to spite the other parent. Some people are indeed selfish and un-evolved, and the pain they inflict is no easy task to overcome. Still, regardless, we must push on, try to accept what has been put before us and live the best we can. That’s all any of us can ever do. Take care my friend.

• June 20, 2016 at 2:18 PM

Very well-said and beautifully, Tony. It is really appropriate that you chose the water lily as your image, for it rises above the darkness and muddy waters below to open to beauty. This is a sacred flower to many who think of it as symbolic of the spirit overcoming the struggles and pain, letting go and growing from darkness to light. Profound message that touches my soul. It reminds me of my Lily Mae who overcame all the hurt and sorrow of the past to open her heart again to love. Thank you for writing this piece.

• June 20, 2016 at 7:58 PM

Glad it connected with you Phyllis and what matters is how we respond to life’s challenges. We must be brave and have faith that everything we suffer has purpose and a place in our growth and ascension to higher thought and being. Take care.