Golden Memories of You

golden memories

Looked at your picture today –

I remembered how long it’s been,

since we last spoke,

since we last saw each other.

Then you just flew away

and left my heart aching,

leaving behind golden memories of you.

It is the sudden partings,

the most unexpected –

that leave hearts aching.

Places I could see in my mind,

where we’ve been,

where we’ve sat together

and the things we used to do.

Now you smile from up above

and you’ll be my friend forever.

golden memories of you.

Can it be that all this time has flown?

It’s already been years,

but I still feel like it was yesterday.

When we first met,

when I first called you friend.

Now all that I have left –

are golden memories of you.

A place in my heart,

where you will always dwell

and you’re still my friend,

just like all those yesterdays before.

Looking up toward the heavens,

longing for you,

I know, you’ll never come again.

Friends forever,

just you and I,

whispering I miss you,

across the eternal sky.

I smile, simply because –

I have golden memories of you.

Rasma Raisters

I am a dreamer, a poet and a writer. These are my passions as well as music. My hometown is NYC. I just relocated back to the U.S and am settled in Daytona Beach, Florida with my wonderful cat Sid.

Latest posts by Rasma Raisters (see all)

Rasma Raisters

12 thoughts on “Golden Memories of You

• May 27, 2016 at 12:49 PM

Memories are a gift granted to us by God, without them we are empty vessels. We all walk through this life and hope to gather close loves and friendships, but when one or more of those are taken away, we are left empty, yet with memories we cherish from those meetings in our lives, it sustains our hearts and souls forever. Well penned Gypsy, enjoyed it very much.

• May 27, 2016 at 12:56 PM

Thank you Vincent. I like how you say it that memories are a gift granted by God and yes, without them we would be lost.

• May 27, 2016 at 4:14 PM

Hi Rasma,

Another flowing, beautiful piece. I appreciate you sharing it with us. Memories – cherish the good. Trash the others. Thanks again.

• May 27, 2016 at 10:17 PM

So beautiful and having a best friend passed on I can really share the deep feelings you have put forth here. Very well done.

• May 30, 2016 at 7:52 PM

Thank you Jackie. The inspiration came from the remembrance of a very dear friend.

• September 16, 2016 at 10:37 PM

Hi Rasma, Have you read in the forum thread about formatting our poems? To prepare them ready
    for the book we each have write a short Bio and format our own poems. The way to do this is to open
    a word doc, have the Bio first written in third person (title should be Rasma Raisters: Biography) then
    all your poems in the order that is significant to you. The formatting is Calibri Light, 12 point, single spacing throughout, all titles in bold type.

We have till September 30 to format and send our word doc to Tony DeLorger, he is our Publishing
    Consultant.

Rasma, let me know if you need any help with the formatting. Thanks, Phyllis

• September 17, 2016 at 6:40 AM

Yes, Phyllis I know about the formatting. I don’t know if I can do it but I will see how it goes in a couple of days and if there are any problems I will let you know. Thank you for asking.

• February 13, 2017 at 8:31 AM

It is a great loss to lose a friend, but she is there with you in your precious memories. Well expressed, great write.