Define Love

Define Love …

What depth of emotion can even begin to describe
what shadow of darkness it hides
What sea can ever hold these fathoms
what shore can hold these tides

Along the shores of these northern seas
hold the stones these  icons of time
they hold too the treasures of  the heart
each thought each emotion in kind

No my lovely there is no way no words can
begin to envelope
no dawning of day or dusk of evening
no molecular way to develop

Love when born  is but the prettiest  of a child
it’s the fairest of all our dreams
love itself can enfold all of the living  hearts
or  can destroy….. it has the means

Remember though the earliest dawn of your family
embrace  the first heart broken
remember too the loneliest times  and how now
it’s all but a token

No my beautiful child love is immeasurable  and that
is the sweetest  of nectars known
and long lasting until the end of the end
when the last wind has blown

EdF

Sometime in my life, I started to write about my life journey, in poetry, in story perhaps to sort them out and enter them into a place of safekeeping. The soul of the writer is perhaps best described in their words, emotions and thoughts. If these poems or stories touch something inside you then maybe I have succeeded in sharing. I will not write about my self in profile, because self isn't so important in writing. Only the journey in words and the sharing are important. Why would weever say " Now about me !"........I'd rather write about life, nature, serenity ........

Latest posts by EdF (see all)

EdF

Sometime in my life, I started to write about my life journey, in poetry, in story perhaps to sort them out and enter them into a place of safekeeping. The soul of the writer is perhaps best described in their words, emotions and thoughts. If these poems or stories touch something inside you then maybe I have succeeded in sharing. I will not write about my self in profile, because self isn't so important in writing. Only the journey in words and the sharing are important. Why would we ever say " Now about me !"........I'd rather write about life, nature, serenity ........

6 thoughts on “Define Love

• May 10, 2016 at 12:16 PM

Beautiful Ed, filled with hope and emotion. Love poems or writing for the ideal of love is not easy, and here you have penned the sentiments well in a smooth balance piece. great work.

• May 10, 2016 at 12:47 PM

Defining Love is not an easy task. It has captured the heart stings of Poets for centuries. They painted many a rosy fragrance of love in it’s many forms. The world was their oyster to create the sirens and depths of love, by crying it out with faint hearts. Love has been our nemesis, we’ve looked up to it from so many angles, paintings, photography, verse, plays, music and simply being in it. You painted a very visual portrayal of it here Ed, nicely done and loved by many.

• May 10, 2016 at 1:42 PM

Beautiful. The last stanza sure sums it up in a feeling of emotion, Ed. The entire poem is so well stated. I think the heart of a poet’s endeavor is love, expressed in so many ways that each poem is unique. I love it!

• May 10, 2016 at 4:43 PM

“love itself can enfold all of the living hearts or can destroy….. it has the means” Interesting line Ed, but it’s true. You’ve done another superb job here. Thank you.

• June 21, 2016 at 2:04 PM

This was a beautiful love story. Filled with emotions that are not easily defined. Sometimes love hurts. While other times , it stings like a wasp. Well done. Thumbs up!

• September 17, 2016 at 11:06 AM

I love poems with very tight knit form and rhyme. I tend to truly enjoy when they ebb and flow as they ought too. Jamie