Walking On The Dark Side – Without You

Walking On The Dark Side

Walking on the dark side
Let go of all the pent up tears
Do not run from, cower and hide
One must face all their fears

Alone in the forest of life
Struggling against all odds
Living with sadness and strife
Call with might upon your gods

Have faith in your inner power
Sink down into every pit
Climb and jump from every tower
Into the void and explore it

Face your demons, ask them why
You ran from the past for years
Look deep into the glaring eye
To understand all those fears

Take each one, pull it apart
Remember the youth of torment
Embrace the child to your heart
And cry for all emotions spent

Let not the adult who retains
Hurt and anger of lost love
Be lost among shattered remains
And not see what waits above

Feeling lost with nothing it seems
For all the things you think you lack
Even in your deepest midnight dreams
Then take it all to hell and back

Find your path and hold it true
Do not stray but follow destiny
Be steadfast, be brave, be You
Love yourself eternally

Lift and restore your harmony
When walking on the dark side
Find your balance to just be
The Self you no longer hide

Find your true self to restore
And love yourself wholly
For I will love you even more
When you are yourself fully
~
Note from author ~

I am a spiritual mentor to people who are stuck in dark places, blocked to their true selves and unable to find the tears and pain that will lead to healing.

I wrote Walking on the Dark Side for those whom I have worked with over the last several years ~ for those who may need a way through the dark side.

Now, it is my time to take my own advice, so tonight I write Without You I Am Lost, for Marvin and me.

~

Without You I Am Lost

Without you I am lost, like a ghost ship adrift on the seas

Bearing nothing but an empty shell of what once sailed

Smoothly in the gentle breeze

You left me during the night and I found you early this morning

My little dog, my Baby Boy, my precious Marvin, I am numb and lost

Let pain consume me, take all my energy and crush any sign of joy

Break me down, let me feel pain and go into it

With all the tears that will flood this shell

Then fill me with memories and the love we shared every minute of your life

If I could just feel some pain it would be a sign I am still alive

So eventually the time will come when I can bathe

In the joyous memories you left me

Tears won’t come to wash away the sadness and let the

Memories of good times with you come to me

Just keep writing, keep the words flowing so the tears will come

You are worth every tear I shall shed for the rest of my life

Just keep writing till the tears come without stop

Let me feel the pain

So we both can heal, you in spirit, me in life

You were such a precious little companion,

My little Marvin, my little Pomeranian

I wish I could hold you once again and feel your cold

Nose on my neck,

Your little tongue tickling my ears,

Caress your beautiful soft fur

Let the tears come, Lord, please let the tears come

Walking on the dark side without you
© Copyright 2016 Phyllis Doyle Burns
~ ~ ~ ~

Phyllis Doyle Burns

Chief Editor at The Creative Exiles
I have always liked to write.It is important to me that writing comes from my heart and soul. When writing poetry, if I do not feel a spiritual connection to what I am writing on, I will discard it and go on to something I can connect with on a spiritual level. I live in the moment, I write from the past or beyond the veil. When writing fiction I go with whatever inspires me at the moment - it could be funny, sorrowful, romantic or sometimes done with the use of colloquial language from mountain folk or other cultural regions. Thank you for visiting.
Phyllis Doyle Burns

Latest posts by Phyllis Doyle Burns (see all)

Phyllis Doyle Burns

I have always liked to write. It is important to me that writing comes from my heart and soul. When writing poetry, if I do not feel a spiritual connection to what I am writing on, I will discard it and go on to something I can connect with on a spiritual level. I live in the moment, I write from the past or beyond the veil. When writing fiction I go with whatever inspires me at the moment - it could be funny, sorrowful, romantic or sometimes done with the use of colloquial language from mountain folk or other cultural regions. Thank you for visiting.

10 thoughts on “Walking On The Dark Side – Without You

• April 22, 2016 at 7:18 AM

A heartfelt poem with such profound advice in knowing and accepting the self. To lose a companion that gave such devotion and love is such tragedy, but having loved and been loved leaves them in our hearts forever. I wish you solace amid your grieving, and peace be with you soon as you accept the loss and the transitions of life’s journey. God bless little Marvin. Take care.

• April 22, 2016 at 9:10 AM

Tony, thank you ever so much. I am very touched by your words of comfort that will help me a great deal. Thank you.

• April 22, 2016 at 8:55 AM

A beautiful and touching tribute to your faithful friend and companion, Marvin, Phyllis. None of us live forever and unfortunately the lives of our pets is short. It never gets any easier no matter how many of our furry friends we lose, but the wonderful memories and unconditional love lives on. Be strong, and thank you for writing this.. it is good therapy.

• April 22, 2016 at 9:13 AM

Thank you with all my heart, John. Yes, it is very good therapy. I do feel the tears are coming now. I will be able to get through it with the very thoughtful and kind comments from you and Tony. Thank you for reading and being here for me.

• April 22, 2016 at 11:08 AM

Phyllis , Being a far from imperfect man , I have come to realize that our pets are our spiritual saviors , they honor nothing but love , they fill voids left by the harshest wounds , and never , never ask for anything but what little or lot of love we can give in return . I have often though that in my next life , I want those that I have truly loved to outlive me ! THAT includes my [our] pets . I am sorry for this loss . and so I have to practice what I preach and tell you , “they are still with us !”….your buddy Ed.

• April 22, 2016 at 10:27 PM

I pray your tears were finally released Phyllis and your broken heart is on the mend. The loss of a friend, no matter a human or a furry one, we hurt, we weep, we remember, then we relive all pleasant memories and feel how blessed we were to have them walk in this present life with us, but as you know they await us on the other side of this plane and will welcome us with a big Hello, bark, meow or chirp. But they will be there for sure. As for walking on the dark-side, I won’t go there, you are the spiritual healer and guide, you know. Mine I live with, often in my dead zone I am awakened by my past and its from there my Muse has chosen to have me pen from. Thus, most of my work comes from deep within my soul and I know that you know that too. So my friend, knowing that spirit is what we all are, I am among friends in this realm, right here at Creative Exiles. Peace and blessings I send to you this day and may you now be at peace with yourself knowing how much we all care about you. We stand with you through your loss and your healing.

• April 22, 2016 at 10:57 PM

Such a loving message from you, Vincent. Knowing I have such caring friends is a true blessing. Thank you for your support.

• April 24, 2016 at 2:37 AM

Most of us have felt your pain and loss here Phyllis. It may seem sacrilegious to many to have such deep feelings for animals and I have had such hateful comments saying so when talking about spirits of dead animals. I truly believe though that God who created them and sees every sparrow fall understands and is behind our belief that their spirit lives on. With the love they show many times more than some humans how could it not be true in some form?

• April 25, 2016 at 9:42 PM

Dear Phyllis, let me be bold and tell you that these two wonderful writes, “Walking On The Dark Side” and “Without You I Am Lost” truly resonates on me. In fact, I have almost similar thoughts penned long ago and published on HP. Guess, it’s time to revisit those poems and perhaps, revise and post here.

Thank you for sharing your gift with us.

Love from the sky~