Diaspora

~ DIASPORA ~

Confined in a cage, the poet sees the death of poetry,

from the hubland it loses in acceptance.

There goes tedious thoughts sneaking on peace

and brusqueness of fear blending with the evening skies.

The poet knows, it is time to listen to the silent whisper of her own voice,

against the hurling wind and the woeful sound that only she can hear.

Heart in diaspora, the poet joined the allies of pens

where poetry is the only escape-route.

Her desire to unveil her tangled mind

strained her to shrugs the loutish pride and march to face the nemeses;

like in a strenuous movie scene.

Within the bounds of her existence,

she inhaled through the glass window and bowed to obey:

Be brave. Write.

diaspora

“I knew that the audience for poetry was relatively small but that there were many readers out there who had been driven away from poetry and were ready to find a way back.” ~ Billy Collins

CrisSp

Read ME: The heart of my soul speaks to the soul of my heart by writing. Yup! It is me, taking time to just be! ~

Latest posts by CrisSp (see all)

CrisSp

12 thoughts on “Diaspora

• April 6, 2016 at 6:50 AM

Oh, how I love this poem Cris. It explains many a poet’s feelings towards the changes being made elsewhere and their disenchantment with the importance given poetry and creative writing. I agree with Billy Collins’ quote totally. Well done.

• April 6, 2016 at 7:31 PM

Cheers John and here’s wishing all those who are trapped in a cage with their pens to render and submit to their creative conscience. Love from the sky~

• April 6, 2016 at 10:21 AM

There she is ! I cannot imagine this sight without certain pens , souls and words from the vast great interior of awesome souls ! This is amazing as usual ! Welcome !

• April 6, 2016 at 7:39 PM

Yes, she’s arrived Ed! How can I not take this wonderful opportunity where I am free to sing my soul? Thank you for your kind comments.

Love and twinkle from the sky, Ed. Only from me. *smile*

• April 6, 2016 at 12:50 PM

Indeed often the restrictions binding a poets soul is dampened by his/her own inner voice crying out, “pick up the pen and open your mind to what your Muse has given you to share”. I agree with John about the importance of poets expressions and creativity. We are let loose here my dear poet to do just that, exiles that some of us may feel like, we won’t be silenced, yet critics we all may be, we will share and learn from one another’s talents. So nice to see you here Cris. I look forward to reading more of your work, bravo, well done. I very much enjoyed this piece.

• April 6, 2016 at 7:48 PM

Hello Vincent! So glad to see you here. I like your take on my “free verse” and yes, we won’t be silenced. This site is where the moon shines! Thank you.

Love from the sky~

• April 9, 2016 at 3:24 AM

You said it so well! May we be so free escaping our cage to let our words soar! Great opportunity John has brought us and I certainly expect it will go so well! Great to see you here!

• April 12, 2016 at 1:38 AM

Jackie: I am indeed very grateful for John and the rest of the creative team who made this site possible. And to you my fellow creative for your wonderful support. Happy to connect.

Love from the sky~

• April 19, 2016 at 1:33 PM

Like the prophet, a poet has no honor in her homeland and is often driven from it by those who deride her work, ignore it, or belittle it. Your fine poem hits the exact center of the target. Great job. In reading I was reminded of a comment last week by my room mate. She asked about my latest story and when I began telling the tale she scoffed…”Oh it’s about death. That’s all you write about. In the end somebody always dies.” My reply to her was, “I remember reading that Mrs. Shakespeare said to her husband Bill, ‘oh William, all you ever do is write tragedies. You’ll never get anywhere with that stuff!’

• April 25, 2016 at 8:54 PM

Hi Bill! Thank you for reading and leaving such a wonderful comment. Good reply you had to your room mate. My respect to Shakespeare and to all the under-estimated poets out there. Salute!

• April 27, 2016 at 12:29 PM

Hi CrisSp,

The newbie has finally found some time to check out reads. I loved the poem, and I think it wraps up the thoughts of just about all writers, not just poets. You did a fine job, and I’m looking forward to reading more.

• June 2, 2016 at 12:54 AM

Poetry is the soul speaking. Not everyone likes poetry, even more so they don’t understand it. This was beautifully expressed.